Monday, November 18, 2013

OPTIMISTIC

It's mostly mind over matter, I know.  Lately my emotions have paralyzed my mind so I am now making a concentrated effort to overcome the captivity.  No woman left behind!

I forced myself to tell a few friends how sad I have been feeling lately.  And the phone rang.  After an hour of simple chit chat, I did feel better!  And the phone continued to ring.  Unsolicited!  Which made me remember to call a couple of my friends who are finishing their journey here on earth.  Even though I did not speak to either of them, one husband got a tele-hug and some kind words and I left a cheery message for the other.  Every little bit helps.


Gave myself an "A" for social life.  Next I got a few chores done that I had been procrastinating.  As a reward for that, I granted myself time to do something fun ... putting together and sending a little care package to Kate and Braeden.  I even made it to the post office and got it sent.  Honestly, this is the MOST I have done in a day ... for weeks.

Now I understand I just MUST make myself do things, even though I don't want to.  Eventually I may start to enjoy doing them again.

I sure hope so.







3 comments:

  1. Good for you for reaching out to friends and others going through hard times. Thinking of others always puts our own grief in perceptive...we are not along in our painful experiences.

    Through the holidays, try not to put too much pressure on yourself to be a certain way for those around you. Emotions will come and go and to move past them, you have to let them flow, not hid them deeper inside. Keeping busy really does help, though, just know your limits and be patient with yourself if you're laughing one minute and bawling your eyes out the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beginning to think that widowhood is just another name for CRAZY. How can emotions take over our minds AND bodies? But for now, I do know that keeping them in doesn't work for me.

    Maybe this is why widows used to wear black for years? So others would know they were just temporarily insane?????

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...