Monday, November 25, 2013

DISTRACTION

Besides getting a little exercise, I'm also getting a little busier.  Checking out recipes, making lists, going shopping.  My good friend (and gourmet gluten free, dairy free, egg free and cane sugar free cook) lands at 11pm on Wednesday night so I'm getting all her ingredients as well.

I love finding new twists on familiar recipes as well as new recipes.  And I usually do not practice them first!  Besides the fresh food, I spend a lot of time and thought in setting the mood in the house, especially a beautiful table.



I have to say I'm very very thankful to be hosting turkey day.  I'm probably spending too much time on each task but golly, I sure needed this distraction.  It's energizing me.

Taking my mind of my sadness.  That's a GOOD thing!


2 comments:

  1. So glad you've got something to keep you busy over the holiday! Have fun cooking, catching up and sharing whatever human emotions that come along...tears, laughter, good memories, sadness---it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you truly put thought into the beautiful table and atmostphere....I usually only think about making the food beautiful. I can't wait to learn secrets about settings and ambiance from you my wonderful, brave, amazing friend!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...