Sunday, November 17, 2013

HAPPY

Despite the tone of this blog over the past couple of weeks, I really do have a million happy memories.  It all began in 1982 ... when Mr. Ralph had a business brainstorm in the shower.  And made it a reality.  I volunteered to do secretarial work (after my regular job).  The rest is history!


It was a pretty fast courtship (we had each been married before) and we were married in September 1984.  We went to the Oregon coast with my sister and his son as our witnesses.  Blue jeans and sweaters.  At sunset.  Very casual and very low budget.

Kate arrived in May 1986.  My first and only child, his second daughter and third child.  And the years flew by building our own little family traditions.  (My family is in Ohio and his in Indiana.)

He traveled a lot for business, and with a kidlet and no family sitters nearby, I didn't travel with him until she was out of the nest.  But starting in 2004 I led the life of a princess!  Mr. Ralph was pretty much a workaholic so I had to impose one condition.  We had to spend at least TWO NIGHTS in each hotel.  (Yes, he was known for a flight, a taxi ride, a meeting, a hotel, a taxi and a flight ... for two weeks at a time)(Not my idea of fun).


Europe.  China.  Australia.  South America.  And best of all, there were built in tour guides (wives of his Regional Sales Managers with whom he was working) for me during the day.  Fabulous business dinners every night.  I bought something to use as a Christmas ornament from each city.

Unfortunately, when we downsized Mr. Ralph took that box to Goodwill.  Gladly I have happy memories.



2 comments:

  1. One day you're be happy that you started this blog and have a place to record all theses good memories and other widowhood thoughts going through your head.

    Sounds like you had an interesting live together but I would have been SO made over taking that box to Goodwill! But in hindsight it's probably less painful this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so MAD at losing that box. It was the only box of Christmas ornaments I was saving! Each year, we gave each other (and Kate) an ornament that seemed appropriate for the past year. It was fun finding "man" style ornaments!

    Now I will give my grandsons each an ornament so when they get their first apartment, they will have some for their tree!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...