Monday, November 4, 2013

HOLIDAY VISITORS

Wonderful news for the Awkward Widow.

My good friend Gina is flying over the night before Thanksgiving (almost midnight!) and staying for a week.  A few years ago she discovered she is allergic/intolerant of gluten, dairy, eggs and cane sugar.  Which might sound like we might have a boring dinner.  But NO!  She is a total gourmet foodie.  Leslie and Didier have already agreed to join forces for this holiday and she is also gluten free (in fact a GF baker here on Maui).  So we are going to rock it!  In fact, they want to do ALL the food and have relegated me to crudites, a vegetable side dish and wine. Best.  Deal.  Ever!

Two days ago, a long term friend in Portland called to say "remember when we talked about me coming to Maui" ... well, M'Linda (her adult daughter) and I are coming for Christmas.  Actually, I didn't remember any serious arrangements but gosh am I happy!  Now I have a built in holiday party ... for a whole week.  

I think Mr. Ralph and the cosmos have teamed up to help me through this first set of holidays.

Thanks, buddy!

1 comment:

  1. How great is that that your friends are rallying around you on this particular set of holidays, knowing how hard it will be for you to be alone! A good friend of mine visited from out of state around the 7 month marker and it truly was healing to have someone I could freely talk about the good times with my husband. All planing and cleaning will keep your mind busy until they get here. Great news!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...