Thursday, November 7, 2013

GRIEF


Today at the Doctor's office, I had the time and opportunity to read a great article in Time Magazine (April 2013).  The Mystery of Animal Grief.  It was interesting (I kinda knew about elephants and dolphins) and one point that was made is how their grieving is not as long as humans because they have so much to do to just live.  Not having a job, or even a demanding volunteer position, or even a hobby ... might just be part of my problem.  

I need to get busy.  Busier.  It's interesting that I'm going to have to put some effort into this.  Pre-widowhood I often felt like I was TOO busy.  So I feel confident I can get myself back on track.  

This afternoon I called a widow friend and invited her to coffee.  I looked up the phone number for the local meals on wheels so I can call.  Just now my neighbor friends popped in to see if I would like to do some part time work for acquaintances who have started a local guide for people vacationing with handicaps.  Wow!  Is that right up my alley or what?  Maybe a Facebook presence and a blog or a website.  And it's something I can do from wherever I am.  

I think the elephants, dolphins, horses, dogs and other mourning animals are on to something.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting about animal grief! I'll have to look that article up.

    Things that interest you will come your way when you're ready to explore them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an interesting article ... not very in depth but a good starting point. Very curious!!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...