Saturday, November 16, 2013

EMOTIONS


The diagram above is just perfect, in my humble opinion.  It is so simple yet covers all the basics.  We can all think of additions to each section yet the main ones are there.

What I've noticed about myself during these first six months of widowhood is how I have become stuck in the bottom half.  Not the angry part so much.  But yellow and blue for sure!  It seems like the more I dwell here, the more stuck I become.

Yes.  I know LOTS of things I can do to help the "feel good" hormones reach my brain.  Right now I am feeling paralyzed in scared and sad.  Sad with good reason ... scared without much reason.  Just afraid of the unknown mostly and timid without my sidekick.  

Fortunately family and friends (especially new friends who are also widows) remind me that time does help.  I try not to whine too much because who wants to listen to that (very often).  Hopefully I'm making headway.

I'm looking forward to optimistic again!



2 comments:

  1. Whining is a requirement of widowhood 101. If you're still doing it a year from now well.... we'll talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean. You are an inspiration and mentor. So glad we e-met!! Love your comments and especially love your blog. I learn something every time!!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...