Monday, February 27, 2017

MALICIOUS, MALEVOLENT, and MEAN

I never knew people could be so hostile.


We have a condo neighbor (upstairs in the building next to us) who has been nasty since the day she moved in.  I've written about her before and when I moved back here, the kidults filled me in with even more inconsequential complaints and conversations she forces upon them (they are outside more than I am ... because they smoke on the front patio).

One of the Devil's Triangle of grumpies who live here must have befriended her upon move-in as they have fed her so much misinformation since the beginning.  Ms. Assholiness first confronted my kidults to tell them to stop smoking as it was all inside her condo (around a bend, 100 yards away and up a flight of stairs).  That this complex was a non-smoking complex.  (It is not).

Then she returned the next day to tell them they have no rights here as they are not owners or renters.  (How would she know WHAT they are?  And they ARE renters).

Almost every day last summer (while I was in Maui) she complained to them about something.  Children playing on the sidewalk.  Toys on the patio.  Baby bikes on patio overnight.  The window blinds were not even.  She also emailed these complaints to the Board.  She complains about so many things that now the Board merely responds "we are in receipt of your email" and nothing else.


She complains about what he plants in our pots on our own patio.  He needs to rake our area (he does ... monthly).  This pot has a chip on it and needs to be thrown away.    Why is that bag of recycling sitting on your patio (because I'm bringing out the other two bags then taking to the bin)?  Clean off your windowsills it looks like trailer trash (books they have read to the kids the night before)

The little boys call her Crabby Lady.  In all innocence Mr 6 asked why she never smiles or waves hello?

She complains about the car parked in our own carport.  Why don't they use it?  It needs to be washed!!  And yesterday, she approached Jesse to tell him something fishy is going on with "that" car ... just look at this picture ... (Kate mistakenly put the bi-annual stickers in the wrong place covering up the monthly sticker on the back with the year sticker) and she was going to send the picture to the POLICE.  Poor Jesse.  So nice.  He said oops, guess we made a mistake.  But go ahead and report it wherever makes you feel better.  

We park too close to the white stripe.  We shouldn't let Mr. 6 fetch the mail (he is SO proud to bring in the mail!).  We shouldn't take to the boys to play in the clubhouse (if no one is using it, so I don't know why).  The boys splash too much at the pool.  They also giggle and laugh too loud when outside.

And, it's not just us although the Board told her she doesn't need to go around looking for things to complain about ... only things that she notices on and about her daily business.


This woman was a Special Ed teacher.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! How it is any of her business what flowers are in the pots or what is laying on the windowsills? Tell the kids to call her Mrs. Kravitz (remember)? She probably can smell the cigarette smoke, if any of her windows are open. I can smell it if I am outside and my neighbor walks by smoking. BUT since it is NOT a No Smoking area, she has no right to complain. Jesse sounds like a really nice guy to put up with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both too nice to her. I will not waste my breath.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can't believe a special ed teacher has so little tolerance for others! I would hate a neigbhor like that and I'll she lives a miserable life when all she sees are little things that annoy her. She shouldn't be living in a condo or apartment house. Ten acres in the country is more like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her poor husband! She never talks to him, she berates him!

      Ten acres in the country and she would be giving God a stern talking to ....

      Delete
  3. Sounds like she is a product of the public school agenda and disillusionment. Maybe during her career she got rewarded somehow for "narcing" on the other teachers? It's sad for her, and a great lesson for the boys--how Jesse so kindly handles it. If you want a fire to go out, put water on it, not gas or more wood.
    Sorry that her bitterness and boredom creates such a nuisance for you. You're a pretty tolerant and peaceable neighbor, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She accuses the Board of not dealing with me/us because we are all friends ....

      Delete
  4. Good grief. She must stay awake all night thinking of things to complain about. Remember the whiners on SNL a million years ago? That's what she reminds me of. It amounts to harassment methinks, especially complaining about little boys' laughter - one of the best sounds in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some day I will look back and laugh ... for now, we just live here, it is not a museum!

      Delete
  5. Sounds to me like she may be experiencing some neurological changes affecting mental functions, possibly a dementia. All too often such behaviors can begin to surface with what appear to loved ones they sometimes describe "Oh, she was always like that -- stubborn, or nosy or whatever -- she's just got worse since she's gotten older". To strangers, others, the person may appear as you describe. Would be interesting to know how her co-workers experienced her, or close friends. Maybe she is just a weird person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I do think she has some mental issues. If I can just keep repeating that, I deal with it all a lot better. OCD or Bipolar or something that has surfaced over time ... menopause? Whatever.

      She ran for a Board position and was SHOCKED that she had no support. Never a kind word to anyone here ....

      Delete
  6. I YI YI! Did I read correctly elsewhere, that Crabby Lady is moving out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A special ed. teacher.

    Maybe she burnt out, years ago, but stayed in the job.

    And now... This is the result.

    A possibility....

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...