Saturday, December 5, 2015

NOW THAT WAS AWKWARD!

Ah!  Friday was a great day.  

The garage door fixer came to fix the outdoor keypad, program another remote and updating the bluetooth opener in my car.  It's such a little thing but gosh what a luxury to push a button and have the garage door open!  It's magic!  And he was so tall he didn't even need to use a ladder to hit the "learn" button and run to the keypad!

And Eugenia, my wonderful Maui house cleaner, made her first trip here to tidy up.  This is my luxury.  Every other week.  This lady is amazing.  I'm out of her life for six months yet she always fits me back in when I return.  She washes both sliding doors AND the screens.  She empties the fridge and wipes it down ... shelves, door and drawers.  How's THAT for cleaning out your fridge in a timely manner.

She and her cousin spray the mirror closet doors and remove my hairspray.  They open all the blinds and wipe the window sills.  They ran the dishwasher while they were here ... and put all the clean dishes away!  She wipes the outdoor tables and chairs (front and back) and sweeps the front entry way (which I never use).  They even open the TV console and dust the interior shelves!  Then my internet stopped working.  (I was sitting outside catching up on my computer).  I figured they may have jostled the cords.


So when they left (they bring their own supplies, even a vacuum!), I set about plugging and unplugging modem, router, etc.  Tightening connections.  NOTHING worked.  I lost interest after about 45 minutes so went without internet all the rest of the day.  So again this morning, with clear eyes and mind, I tried it all over again.  It had to be the router as it had no light on.

I made the venture into Kahului (only ten miles but we all try to plan our trip to the "city" just once a week .... ) to the ONLY Apple/Mac store (not a "real" Apple store ... no Genius Bar or classes ...) and lamented that my router only lasted five years.  Unfortunately, the sales lady said that was a good run!  Came home and back on my knees and tummy hooking everything back up.

VOILA!  I'm B-A-C-K!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Good job figuring it all out!
    May I borrow Eugenia--or her cousin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are incredible. So agreeable ... when others stay here I have them make arrangements with her to clean when they leave ... then I know it is PERFECT for the next guest. And I plan all my entertaining around my cleaning day!!!

      Delete
  2. Darn, I didn't know routers had such a short life span!

    Your cleaning service does a better job than mine. But then I could always add things for them to do. When I set it up they gave me a check list of things for the cleaner to do and they do follow the list. I didn't want them poking around inside my refrigerator, for example, because I'm paranoid about cross-contamination from using the same cleaning clothe from the sink.

    My garage door opener needs a service call, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought to ASK to have my fridge cleaned! Or to open doors and dust inside (it was pretty thick in there!) My special treat is stripping and remaking the beds. Ahhhhh

      Delete
  3. I keep thinking of getting someone to clean, but haven't done it yet. I'd really like someone to change the sheets. I have a problem getting the fitted sheet on that thick mattress. So glad you figured out the router situation. I hate any hitches in my internet connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These gals are young and scrub the floors on hands and knees! Dust the ceiling fans and baseboards. I just noticed they cleaned and organized my pantry!!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...