Monday, December 28, 2015

I'VE MISSED YOU!


OK. Maybe I have the energy tonight to write a little bit of a blog since I've been away so long!  

Christmas Eve party was great!  Twelve of us for 3-4 hours.  Everyone brought a wide assortment of treats ... mini quiches, greek salad, steak on skewers, cheese plate, mini mince pies, smoked salmon spread, shrimp cocktail, cookies, candy, fudge, champagne, wine, lemonade, sodas!  

I made everyone take the party path to the back yard

A pair of neighbors whom I just met at Julie's dinner party a week or two ago came.  He brought his ukulele and we sang the night away!  Who knew I'd have live entertainment!  Several people had to cancel last minute (flu!) and one neighbor should have stayed home as she had no voice!  Been sick for ten days!  Well, we were outdoors so the germs were blown away.


At 7:30 am Christmas morning, a friend came by to carpool over to Ma'alaea Harbor for a whale watch.  Which was fabulous!  We saw active whales the entire time.


After some rest and recuperation, a lot of clean up ... today I went to the beach with a friend.  And we went SWIMMING!  I was totally amazed at how much better life is with one good knee.  It was easy to get in and out of the water, and to walk on the sand.  Haven't been able to say that for a year or two.






8 comments:

  1. This all sounds great! Fun all around. What a variety of food you had. I would have gone for the quiche, smoked salmon and shrimp cocktail. Oh, and I've never met a cheese platter I didn't like. Cheese is one of my huge downfalls... especially when it's in quiche or casseroles or spreads, balls and dips or on top of pasta. What fun it is when someone brings a musical instrument along. It adds another whole dimension to the party. So glad you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even tried oven roasted grapes with rosemary, to put atop a crostini with cheese ... but learned AFTER I made them, they were NOT seedless. Too much work!

      Delete
  2. I have seen Dolphins in the ocean, and I got so excited--I can't imagine what I'd do if I saw a real, live whale!! Oh my. What a great Holiday you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing everything in the ocean! Turtles, colored fish. It is amazing. Every single time!

      Delete
  3. I'm amazed that so many people didn't have a family gathering to go to on Christmas Eve. But I suppose that's the island influence where most people's family are back on the mainland. It sounds like it was an great party. Then to get up the next day for whale watching, wow! Where do you get all the energy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most of us have family elsewhere. But about half of the friends have no children and everyone was delighted to have something fun (and easy) to do for a few hours. We started at 5:30 so the evening was over nice and early.

      Delete
  4. Wow. Sounds like your Christmas eve party was filled with grace and love. Singing along with a ukulele - heavenly! What a beautiful setting you created. I'm curious, how much drinking goes on at your parties? The Christmas parties in my neighborhood have way too much drinking, and knowing this, I bowed out this year.

    I'm so envious you got to watch whales on Christmas. What a fabulous present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say fewer and fewer people are drinking alcohol, whatever the reason. I had three glasses of wine throughout the evening ... so I was probably the heaviest drinker!!! We had root beer, lemonade, bottled water, ginger ale and sparkling water. One beer, two bottles of wine and half a bottle of champagne.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...