Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016


Today is a day for thinking about what I would like for 2016.  Just continued happiness as that would cover health, friends, adventures and everything.  Happy!

Right after Mr. Ralph died, I went and bought a new perfume.  Happy (by Clinique).  My ringtone is Happy (by Pharrel Williams).  I really do have to remind myself sometimes ... to just be happy.


One of my FAVORITE bloggers (my first!) had a great resolution .. happy, healthy and productive.  I would like to be more productive.  It's just so hard for me to give up my computer time!!!

The outline above might help me plan my productivity.  I've accomplished a few things for myself i.e. getting a bit more volunteer time in.  But I also think I need to dream about doing more of what is pleasant and fun for me.  Need to shake off some of that guilt factor for being hedonistic.  A bit selfish, even.

I love cooking.  I need an action plan to do more of that.  For me.  And to share with others.  I love turning my house into a cozy little home (watch out visitors ... I have a Honey Do list of things I need another pair of hands for).  I enjoy being a tour guide and I am finally getting a few visitor commitments.  One batch per month is just plenty!  I do love the ocean so I am committing to visiting there more often.  And I can do my reading when I'm not playing in the ocean.

I want to be in contact more often with my family and friends.  Even if it is just a text or email.  And I need to work on making phone calls as well.

2016 will be a year of turning my dreams into reality.  One little step at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I love your aspirations for 2016. And I love the Reid quote. I may have to "borrow" that.

    It's interesting that you think spending time on the computer can't be productive time. Gotta remember that a lot of what we do online is helping our brains stay healthy and keeps us in touch with new ideas. That's one of the reasons I keep blogging...because it works so many parts of my brain!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Happy' is a wonderful goal. I love the idea of applying discipline toward that goal. What better reason to apply discipline than to be happy?!?

    Happy New Year, AW!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...