Thursday, January 1, 2015

AWKWARD VACATION

Despite feeling under the weather, I managed both flights and arrived on Maui about 5pm.  Believe it of not, I actually had to wear a light jacket!

A young couple who were borrowing my house picked me up at the airport in my very clean car (they cleaned it!) and then wanted to take me to dinner.  We drove about 20 minutes to a really cute place in Haiku ... and it was CLOSED.  And the next three restaurants we tried were closed!!  Erin called our next choice who said they were supposed to close at 6pm but if we got there by 6:15 they would serve.  We made it.  Da Kitchen in Kahulua rocks!

After I dropped them off at the airport to return to Portland, the drive to my Maui Mansion was tear filled.  This would be so much more fun WITH Mr. Ralph.  It just seems like everything (and anything?) would be so much better WITH him.  The fun would be twice as fun ... and the bad just half as bad.

My fun neighbors with their three great kids were having a little fireworks party outside in their driveway.  I went over for a few minutes, got lots of hugs then took my bedraggled body inside to have some Prosecco.  Believe it or not I made it til midnight ... Maui time.

Let's see how this vacation continues ...

5 comments:

  1. Glad you made it without too much hassle on the flights. I sure can understand the bitter sweetness of returning to the place that meant so much to your husband. Take care of your health! Rest and get some sun and that should help a lot with the sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, being half sick sure makes sadness come to the forefront. I'm feeling better .. and BIG storm brewing here!

      Delete
  2. I, too, can understand the mixed feelings about returning to the place you shared with Mr. Ralph. I hate flying. I know some do not mind, but to me, it's brutal; I can't imagine doing it when you're not feeling well. But now that you're there, you can unwind and relax into it. You can use the restorative time, I'm sure.

    FYI: I'm on WordPress and I can only comment on blogspot blogs that offer the Name/URL option. I'm using a Gooogle account tonight that does not link back to my blog. I have this problem on several blogspot blogs, but I'm fine on the ones that offer the Name/URL option. I'm not sure why blogspot has done this. I keep thinking that it will change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is NOT glamourous. At all. It's a big uncomfortable hassle. Now I can enjoy myself. This morning I had coffee with a friend. Then Costco, Walmart and Whole Foods. Now I can make myself a nice dinner!! And wait for the storm!

      Delete
  3. I understand those feelings. I am in the sadiversary time right now and then, in two weeks Fred's birthday and the day we were going to surprise all the guests at his birthday party by getting married. CRAP! I hate flying and will not ever again!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...