Tuesday, January 13, 2015

WHAT IF?

Since full time retirement in 2010, I have enjoyed my slower paced life.  I no longer feel compelled to rush around in the morning and be out of the house by 7:30.  Now I get up at 7:30 or 8:00 and mosey along with coffee and computer.


But what if I wanted to do all the things others suggest I should be doing?  Could I even fit everything into 24 hours?  Studies show we should get at least 8 or 9 hours of sleep every night.  Some suggest an hour of meditation in the morning.  Add an hour of exercise.  Don't forget an hour or two of journaling or blogging.  At my age, I need to give back to my community so add several hours to one day each week.

Enjoy sex (alone or with others).  Another hour?  Read and keep up with current events.  Maintain family relationships.  Laugh a lot ... which means I watch a TV show or movie or YouTube or Facebook an hour each day.  Or head out with friends.  Get groceries.  Clean house.  Do laundry.  


Stretch with yoga.  Soak in the tub.  Lotion your whole body.  Moisturize your hair ... your face ... Brush and floss.  Make lists to remember to do every thing.  

Pray and read the Bible.  Enjoy nature.  Drink 8 glasses of water.  Get a pet and care for the pet.  Be creative.  Exercise your brain.  Listen to a TEDtalk or Podcast to think outside the box.

Plan your life, prepare for the future.  Manage your money.  Practice gratitude.  Pay it forward.  Help others.


See, there really is not enough time in a day to get it all in.  Pick your top ten.  Or ten one day and a different ten the next.  No need to rush ... enjoy the journey.

4 comments:

  1. It's that the truth. I don't know anyone who is retired that doesn't say they don't know how they found time to go to work each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But I also know I am guilty of doing things more slowly. I do love it when someone asks what I did that day ... and I can proudly say "not much."

      Delete
  2. I can't even keep up with 10 Top Things to do in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you helped me meet my quota for laughter today. I laughed all the way through this.

    An hour for sex with someone or yourself! I'll have to work on that. I'm sure I could work both sex and meditation into that timeframe.
    Loved this. So glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...