Tuesday, February 3, 2015

TYPES OF VISITORS

I'm finally getting some visitors!  Hip hip hooray!  The best news is that all of my "live ins" are super easy to enjoy.  

My first friend arrives Friday evening.  I'm so flattered she is even coming as we are mostly Facebook friends brought together by grandkids.  We get together in person in Portland maybe once or twice a year.  It's her first visit to Maui (she has a week of work related stuff in Honolulu ... also her first visit there!).  We will get to do the tourist things.  An early morning snorkel trip, hoping for whales and dolphins.  Lots of time in the sun (she is from Portland!) and in the hot part of the day, we'll do a little road trip to see the other views that Maui offers.  And sunset from a different beach.

All the rest of my company has been here before and are very independent.  I am comfortable joining in their plans.  Or not.  But I don't have to make any plans!  Just four nights with John and Lindee.  Then a week with my niece, Tahlia.  I hope she brings a friend.  She is 21 and I know they will want to be way more lively than I am.


My funny sister sent this New Yorker cartoon to me ... asking if this will be us in 20 years.  HA!  I feel like this now!!!

Then my funny sister will be here!  Gosh I love it when she comes.  So energetic and a fabulous, healthy cook.  I think I need to live with her for a year ... I'd be just a memory of my former self!

April and May are open if anyone wants to visit!  

4 comments:

  1. Where you live, I'd think people would be beating your doors down to stay. I mean Maui! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least my own siblings! And cousins. Oh well. It IS a long long flight from Ohio to Maui.

      Delete
  2. I would die on the long flight, so Hawaii is not on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my sister. She used to visit every year, and we had the best times together. Enjoy all your company!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...