Monday, February 9, 2015

SNORKEL, BEACH and UMBRELLA DRINKS

This will be short and sweet.

Sue ended up not landing until 11:30 pm ... and we had to get up at 6:00 am to drive an hour to go on a snorkel trip to Lanai.  No complaints here!  FOR FREE because she knows someone who knows someone.  I've only been to Lanai once 
on an all day sailing trip and it was fabulous!

Actually, we then stayed up until 2:00am!  Gabbing away!

Hulopoe Beach is in front of the chi chi Manele Bay Hotel (I think Bill Gates got married there ...) and is a protected marine preserve.  It is the most amazing snorkeling I've ever done (very limited, I might add!)  Maybe it's even an underwater National Park, I can't remember.

We saw the most whales for longest time being the most active I have ever witnessed!  Maui was just being awesome Saturday!

When we returned to Lahaina Town, we did some browsing then drove to another amazing snorkel spot, Honolua Bay.  It's about a 1/2 mile HIKE down to the water, which I cannot do, so we just watched.  I've had friends who looked up to find themselves surrounded by dolphins!  On the day they rented video snorkel mask so it was captured on film!  Awesome!

We drove the 45 minutes back to my little town and enjoyed the sunset ... and a drink with a little umbrella ...








3 comments:

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...