Thursday, December 18, 2014

JUST SEVEN MORE NIGHTS!

This probably was not the BEST time to be away from home for two weeks.  But I think my Christmas celebration is pretty much together except for wrapping ... and one last thing to pick up.  Thank goodness for online shopping and free delivery.  And a little family at my condo to accept packages.

Tonight here in Louisville we are having a low key, stay in for dinner, enjoy a fire in the fireplace and watch a holiday movie kind of night.  We may even bake a few cookies.  I have a Hanukkah gift to wrap for each of these three for tonight.  Since I won't be here for the final night!

Most of our running around is complete.  We have our ingredients for our Saturday potluck contributions (three hour trek to Columbus) to be with brothers and families for Christmas.  It's been about five years since we have all been together.  Somehow it doesn't seem to be a big deal to the four brothers.  The two sisters communicate almost every day and see each other at least twice a year.  

It just is what it is!  AND ... it's just seven more nights!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a good time on your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such fun. Busy but not too busy. Adventuresome in eating as well! We've had Persian food and last night Indian food! YUM! Mr. Ralph did not enjoy most ethnic foods ...

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful family time you will have. Why are men so NOT concerned about getting together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if holidays were left up to men ... do you think THEY would spend the time and energy setting decorations out?

      Delete
  3. NO! Men would not do all that has to be done to celebrate holidays! I don't know why. I guess they're just wired differently. Glad you're enjoying your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time I left up a Christmas tree (we had several) until he finally noticed ... and helped take it down. February, I think ...

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...