Monday, December 29, 2014

CHRISTMAS EVE

I know, I know.  I've not been putting this blog as a priority.  Life just happens sometimes.

Every year for the past ten years, Jesse's paternal side of the family has a big get together.  I made plans with neighbors to go over for dinner.  That day I find out that there isn't going to be a Booth get together.  And for some reason, his Mom is being very pouty even though they invited her over on Christmas Eve night.

She texted me to ask if I knew "I" was hosting Christmas Eve AND Christmas Dad (including her Mom).  I said I didn't know about the second one but we were celebrating the day after so the kids are welcome to do whatever.  I was tired of the last minute stuff.  Turns out she had a fight with her oldest son, where everyone goes for Christmas day.

Apparently, that angered her (???) so she threw a little fit with all the drama of "I guess I'll just be alone for Christmas from now on"  despite Jesse inviting both his Mom and his Grandma over for a full fledged turkey dinner.

I headed over to dinner only to be greeted by the hostess flushing with a full on fever and her husband half dead with the same cold.  Two other widows were also invited over and even though we ALL suggested we go home and return in a few days to enjoy the dinner ... she insisted.

Life happens!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A little passive aggression going on with Jessie's mom. There's always one in the bunch.

    I would have been afraid to eat the fever laden meal. You see this kind of heroics around the holidays. People refuse to lie down and give in. Hopefully you will not get sick. I guess the incubation period is over now.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...