Sunday, December 7, 2014

PAJAMA PARTY

Ooops!  I forgot to post yesterday.

I got busy getting groceries and cooking for a gal pal dinner and overnight visit!  Sharon and I have been friends for over 30 years.  Off and on, as our lives went separate ways.  Her children are older than mine which means carpooling and teenagers were at different times.

I made crockpot chicken with carrots, celery, onions and mushrooms ... and the ubiquitous Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup.  My now "almost famous" loaded smashed potatoes and asparagus.  And a teen tiny lemon bundt cake that I bought at the holiday bazaar that morning.  She drinks white and I drink red.  We each had our own bottle.

We chatted and played with her little pup, Brody, who is a long haired chihuahua with a wonderful personality.  It was a grey grey day and I felt like I could have gone back to bed throughout the day.  So at 10:00 pm, I finally said goodnight.  I had a pile of magazines (recycled from neighbors) to give her and off I went.  She's more of a night owl.

Good to know!  Yes!  We each finished our bottle!

6 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see long time friends for a quality visit like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really ... I'm a pretty bad friend. The good news is that everyone seems to pick right back up where we left off!

      Delete
  2. Your crockpot chicken sounds comforting as do your loaded smashed potatoes. I do love a potato. Nice to spend time with an old friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could live on potatoes! Never ever met one I didn't love. Man the big new eating pattern is NO CARBS ... don't think I can give up those potatoes ....

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Pajama parties are underrated. I may plan a few more! Wanna come?

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...