Today was sad because my sister left to return to her own home. We have had so much fun together it's pretty unbelievable. I admire her. Because she is a WARRIOR, with a little less worry than I seem to have.
For example: she never learned to swim when she was a kid and didn't feel confident in the water. But she took swim lessons and now she is a SCUBA diver with over 60 dives. Until her visit here, she always had her buddy (husband extraordinaire) at her side under the water. But she scheduled TWO dives while in Maui.
On her second trip, at the second dive area, they spotted a tiger shark attacking a huge turtle. Word spread and other boats came to the area to view the nature show. After watching the brutality, she didn't hesitate to dive again (a distance away, but still ....). Me? I'm freaked out to participate in ocean water aerobics as Maui has had more than the usual shark attacks, including two deaths. I'm definitely a chlorine girl.
My baby sister is a warrior. I am making some changes to be less of a worrier and more of a warrior. Confidence is a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OUR SENSE OF SMELL
SENSE OF SMELL Anosmia is the partial or full loss of smell. Anosmia can be a temporary or permanent condition. After reading an article i...
-
I never knew people could be so hostile. We have a condo neighbor (upstairs in the building next to us) who has been nasty since the da...
-
I entered a random drawing for a community garden plot ... and I won! There are two sizes, 10x20 and 20x20. Oh my gosh! Even 10x20 is ...
-
Yikes! It's only 8:00 pm in Maui (1:00 am in New York) and the House is declared RED. Senate looks like a tie. PRESIDENT? Too...

I often wondered if my life would have been different if I'd had a sister. I like to think if I did, our relationship would have been like yours and your sister. Glad you had as much time with her as you did.
ReplyDeleteOf course your life would have been different! I'm pretty sure you would have had lots of fun, Our lives went different paths ... politically, religiously, geographically and financially....but we were never resentful or judgmental with each other. She's seen me at my best and at my worst.
ReplyDelete