Monday, January 6, 2014

BLOGGING BUDDIES

I want to take a blog to say thank you to all the other bloggers that I read ... and those that I will soon discover.


My first following, The Misadventures of Widowhood (hi Jean!), was a perfect match for me.  Her husband died about a year ahead of Mr. Ralph so I glom on to any tidbit she discusses.  My favorite thing is her sense of humor!  Honestly, I don't think any of us would survive if we weren't allowed to be a little irreverent about the whole journey.  I would much rather laugh than cry.

In fact, she is the one who encouraged me to write my blog.  I was pretty happy to find someone who thinks and laughs the same way I do, so I didn't really need to reinvent the wheel.  But she suggested I do one anyway.  Am I glad I did!  Who knew I would have diarrhea of the mouth!!  I can't stop writing.  Often this blog is not about death and grieving and starting anew.  It's all about me.  My reasoning is that people do not HAVE to read my meandering thoughts but I HAVE to get them out of my head.  I am often surprised when I discover someone who is reading this.  

She and I often borrow a thought from the other's blog ... she thought maybe it was copycat-ing (you know how I dislike any word that has CAT in it ....)  I prefer to think it is buddies sharing and taking the thought even further.  Each of us has our own perspective on life's events.  I've learned so many valuable tips from her and others.  Sometimes it's just the idea that was swirling in the back of my mind but I hadn't been able to find the words.  It's safe to say it's Jean's fault that I ramble on and on.  Ha ha ha!!

Based on how reading widow blogs are helping me with my loss, I'm now finding blogs on other topics of interest to me.  There's a blog for every season, that's for sure.

Blog on my friends!  Even though I am not as good at adding a comment to each post, I'm reading!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I could inspire such a great addition to the blogging community! I'm grateful you made that first comment that drew us together as sisters in grief recovery.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...