Thursday, January 30, 2014

MENTAL CONFLICT

Last night I attended a Bohemian themed birthday party for a friend I met this past November.  Charlein is ageless but probably mid-70's?  Since that first meeting (on a beach, watching a sunset), I have been invited to swim aerobics, bridge and more.

At the party, with maybe 25 people, there were tarot card readers, angel card readers and even a Viking card reader.  I'm skeptical at best, a cynic or non believer more likely.  But it was a party!

The first was a group reading.  We each choose a card (with proper feeling and consideration!) and went around the table to show our card, provide insight if possible, and everyone at the table gave their input.  The "leader" then read the potential meaning from a book that came with the cards.



Mine said mental conflict.  Really?  All the rest of the ladies had fun and inspiring fortune telling cards.  I hate to say it but when I first looked at the card, I thought I saw the word DENTAL which was even funnier.  When the (thoroughly) serious leader asked me my thoughts ... I said I thought I'd like to pick a new card!

It got even worse.  She said this was a relatively new deck for her (apparently these people do this often?  wear out their cards?  use up the good juju?) and this card had never turned up before.  She struggled but couldn't really come up with anything positive (or even funny) for this card.

But now that I think about it, I do have a recurring conflict.  When I can no longer afford to be a snowbird (keep both Maui and Portland available to me) .... how am I going to choose???

Now THAT is a conflict!  At least we had cake!!





5 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think the card really fits you and I thought that before I even read your reaction to it. There is no denying that conflict is never far from your conscious thought. You have your family pulling you to Portland and your dream retirement home and memories pulling you to Maui.

    I can't imagine finding 25 people into reading tarot cards here! That stuff was a fad way back in the 70's around here and I wonder if Maui is just slow in letting the fad die or is tarot card reading coming back around again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are right Ms. Misadventures! I have conflicts with myself every day. Starting with what to have for breakfast!! Which I have been doing EVERY day since the first of the year. BIG health step for me.

    Imagine any spiritual, mystic, supernatural, wicca or voodoo beliefs and you will find them ALL on Maui. Crystals and burning sage cleansing of your home. Hawaiian government always has a "blessing" on a new construction project or building or bus. I'm learning to be more open and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly can identify. We are in the process of new-car shopping. There are too many choices. You have quite a dilemma. I imagine choosing between being near family and a place you love is very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND I'm trying to buy a grandmother-mobile! It's always something!!!

      Delete
    2. A grandmother-mobile? That should be fun to follow as you shop.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...