Tuesday, January 7, 2014

PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS

Next Monday is my first photography class!

It's amazing that I'm actually following through with starting a hobby.  But I realize how much of our lives are now captured for posterity since the invention of digital photography.  Even more so now that our phones are our cameras!  This class is specifically an iPhone photo class.  I'm so excited.


The instructor is a professional photographer here on Maui.  We've never met.  A Facebook friend of mine often posts her photos of Maui which I also loved.  So I "friended" her about a year ago just so I could gawk at her work.  Which is also her hobby.

She is also a food photographer!  Mr. Ralph and I would always take photos of our food to add to our collection.  And apparently lots of people do the same thing.  This 3 hour class (with two or three other students) will focus on the basics of composition and lighting, using apps to edit and sign our work, a field trip to try out our skills followed by lunch at a cafe (I might mention Mieko is a VERY healthful eater which will also keep me on track with my new life style).

The only negative is that my sister is visiting so she will be on her own that morning ... or she can join us!!



4 comments:

  1. Your sister won't mind being on her own while you're in the class. Maybe you can drop her off at a great shopping location on your way to class and pick her up later.

    The class is a great idea. Wish I could find one around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she's very independent! She's going SCUBA diving twice while here ... and she has never gone without her hubby! So brave!!

    As for classes ... it's just pure luck. Facebook to the rescue again. I think this is her first iPhone class, so I'll keep you posted. If you are on FB, her name is Mieko Horikoshi Hoffman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has such wonderful photos there. What a delight! Enjoy your class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for you to take some photos for ME! Enjoy your class--you are going to be SO good at this!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...