Thursday, December 5, 2013

ROOMMATES

What a good week I've had.  My friend Gina came over from Portland to have a short but sweet visit.   It's the first time I've had an overnight guest since Mr. Ralph died.  It was perfect!


Gina worked with my hubby as the VP of Marketing so I first knew her as a business acquaintance.  I'm not quite sure how we ended up buddies but over time, we have.  She is 20 years younger, way more active, with a Masters from Cornell.  So on paper, we don't really have anything in common.  Except maybe cooking.  And an addiction to reading.  

She went through some life changes a couple of years ago and we let her use our Maui house for a month while we were in Portland.  And of course, she would make friends, AT THE BEACH, one of whom is our realtor and another is our neighbor across the street!  She has stayed in touch with this whole big group.  We joined them for Sunday Fun Day at the beach, chatting and sharing some wine and snacks.  Now I have a few more friends to add to my Maui list.

Having her here was not like having a guest on their first visit to Maui.  I did not have to be hostess at all.  She had ladies to call and accompany her as shark bait for a kayaking adventure.  We had another join us for water aerobics.  It was the most laid back I have ever seen her, so it must have been good for her as well.

She also is currently single, so we both enjoyed our hugs every now and again.  I was especially missing those!






1 comment:

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...