Thursday, December 12, 2013

COOKING

I love to cook.  I live to eat, not eat to live.  But not for just myself.




This seems to be a common malady for widows .... probably worse for widowers.  My widow blogger friend "The Misadventures of Widowhood" feels the same way ... she even took some cooking classes!   A friend loaned me some "cooking for one" cookbooks.  I was just getting used to cooking for two.  Some nights I simply enjoy fruits and vegetables .... popcorn and red wine.  

When I have the energy, I love to grill some protein and veggies so I have enough for two meals.  What usually happens is that I get invited to eat out or I invite myself to eat out.  And then the food is wasted.  I'm really bad about wasting food which makes me feel guilty.  Sometimes you just can't win!  

Today I bought a few Rubbermaid containers.  I'm going to make some chicken and rice soup so the leftovers can be frozen for another cozy meal or two.  Same thing for any kind of soup.  Or meatballs and sauce.  

Or should I just buy Weight Watchers frozen dinners?

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting better about wasting food but I still have a way to go. Just yesterday I had to throw out month-out-of-date yogurt. I can't seem to get the shopping quantities down right. Having the freezer containers will help a lot. I use the Weight Watchers frozen dinners when I have a busy week and no time to cook. We've got to do what we've got to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough to change my ways. My family has a huge room for a pantry of canned, packaged and frozen items ... purchased on sale. Now I get enough items for 2-3 days. Pretty soon I'll just go once a day. It's getting a little easier ....

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...