Sunday, December 8, 2013

TIPPING POINT

(By the way, Tipping Point is a very good book by Malcolm Gladwell).

Today I had a tipping point moment.  I'm not sure why or how, but today I realized getting older is a privilege.  Each year (or day) is a gift.  Many people don't get to live this long.  Or this well.  Despite the sad things, the traumatic things and the dramatic things that I've encountered, the good times outweigh them all.  I need to remember this.  And to be grateful.


Yesterday I wrote about choosing your change.  It's a very good philosophy.  Change IS inevitable, no matter how small or how large.  I'm sorta in the mood for way smaller changes these days.  Just for a while.

It's time for me to make a few of my own little changes.  I remember Mr. Ralph saying it takes a minimum of 21 days to form a new habit.  Some changes may take several months.  But each change begins with that first step.  

Thankfully, being alive provides me the privilege to do just that.




2 comments:

  1. I've never heard the expression, 'tipping point moment.' I like it and the fact that you had one recently. Growing older really is a privilege that we don't always appreciate the way we should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the alternative, life really is a treasure. Mr. Ralph would include "good health" ... he would always say good health is a "1", everything else is a zero. So if you don't have good health .... or happiness ... you got a bunch of nothing.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...