Friday, December 6, 2013

EMBARRASSING

Growing older is not for sissies.  Mr. Ralph was 18 years older than me.  Physically that is.  Emotionally?  We were on par.  The age difference was actually a good learning experience .... when my body changed, I could feel a little bit more relaxed about it since something similar had happened to him.

I, for one, do not think these are "golden years."  Far from it.  It is getting embarrassing to just live.  Hair has suddenly sprouted from places no woman wants.  Coarse and curly.  Yuck.  Mustache.  Beard.  Nose.  Legs.

Even more weird physical changes started when I hit about 55.  Flatulence.  Talk about embarrassing!  Oh my gosh.  Unflattering at the very least.  Usually not aromatic.  This is my excuse for not doing yoga!

Today's email brought the most appropriate information from AARP.  Nine embarrassing health conditions:

     Bad breath
     Constipation
     Flatulence
     Rectal itch
     Smelly feet
     Body odor
     Vaginal odor
     Fecal incontinence
     Urinary incontinence

See what we have to look forward to?!!

Fortunately, there are a lot of aging baby boomers so we are getting a bit of help compensating with all these unpleasant health issues.


 Yes.  I am using this bergamot, lemongrass and grapefruit spray.  And it really, really works.  Check out some of their commercials on YouTube!






6 comments:

  1. Oh, my! A spray for before you go? Where have I been? There's a few public bathrooms I can name that could use some of this just to get me to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad ... it's for BEFORE use! A funny friend posted a commercial on her Facebook a few months ago. It was hilarious. Since I was having issues, I thought it was worth a try. WOW!

      Recently using Lysol or other heavy duty room fresheners weren't working very well. This stuff is great.

      Delete
  2. Poo-Pouri would be GREAT for the public restrooms around here, for sure. And the one hubby and I share...lol!

    When you post the symptoms of aging (which I've pretty much been experiencing my whole life, lol), it makes is sound on the gruesome side of funny. At least there is still wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this is why oldsters have good senses of humor. Otherwise, we'd be grumpy old smelly people sitting in the dark!

      Oh wait! Some of us are!!!!

      Delete
  3. Your eldest brother just lets it rip when it comes to the flatulence. No surprise there, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this gross stuff doesn't bother men as much? Or perhaps he's ALWAYS been the gross one!!!!!!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...