Monday, December 9, 2013

INFOMERCIALS for SEXAGENARIANS

WARNING:  This blog is really a personal diary.  Events and names are real.  Enter at your own risk.  I am not being paid by anyone for any of my words.

Whew!  I felt like an attorney for a moment!  

This morning as I was getting ready for water aerobics I just had to smile at some of the compromises I've made since becoming a widow.  Like getting sunscreen on my back.  My dear friend Eli had a sunburn while he was visiting us one year.  He is a single guy and very independent.  Didn't want to ask one of us to put aloe on his back.  He went to the hardware store and got a small paint roller and a big jar of aloe and rolled himself.

I, of course, am a cheapskate (although not one of those EXTREME CHEAPSKATES that are now on reality TV).  I figured the nap on the paint roller would use up too much sunscreen.  So off to the internet I went.



Yes, Virginia, there IS a really cool tool that has a grooved rubberized applicator and a handle that folds in half so you could take it to the pool (or shark infested waters) with you!!  And it works!!!

We oldsters have to stick together!  Can you share your nifty compromises??

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of my back scratchier tool! I had to go to four dollar stores to find one but it was so worth it.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...