Saturday, August 31, 2013

AN OMEN

Look what showed up on Facebook this morning.  I joined this gym three months ago.  Already, I’ve taken two classes.  Even though I love my water aerobics classes at our community pool the best ... this invitation will be good in two ways.  

Learning which classes are specifically set up for the 60+ (and overweight and out of shape, I hope) crowd AND the social aspect of meeting more ladies in my age group!

A couple of weeks ago, I got up the courage to visit the Kihei Community Center on one of the two days they offer four hours of Senior activities (like Yoga, Zumba, games) including lunch.  This might be a good place to meet some retired people, learn a new card game and have a social meal!  When I walked in, there were maybe twenty 80+ year olds in a cavernous room.  Some were doing chair Zumba (use your imagination).  Some were working on crafts.  Most were waiting for lunch.

In their defense, a volunteer from the kitchen greeted me within three minutes but I had to tell her the exercise portion was a little mild for me, even though I’m a total beginner.


I think I need to get involved and GET a senior community going.  I’ll start by attending the Senior Fall Festival.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a promising event. You've got to know there are others out there looking for the same thing you (and I) are looking for.

    I took water aerobics for a while, too, but when it's cold and snowing outside I have a hard time getting in the mood to leave the house to go to the Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come move to Maui! So you see my dilemma ... no excuses!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...