Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The First Month or Two

His suffering is over, thankfully.  I’m happy for him, mad because he was taken too early and sad to be without him.  Cancer stinks.

I spent the first month being overly busy and around friends (or at least people) then off to spend five weeks helping our daughter get moved into a new apartment.  Pros and cons to that.  Note to self:  two weeks is long enough to visit and don’t stay with anyone longer than five days.  We had our moments of too much togetherness.  In addition, the only bathroom was up a flight of steep and narrow stairs ... which caused much pain in my knees.  It was almost bad enough to stop drinking water.

Anyway, I’m already set up for my October visit ... for Braeden’s third birthday.  Fortunately, Ralph and I own a condo in Portland (which I am currently renting out for under cost, to Braeden's best babysitter).  The good news is the complex has a guest suite to rent for visitors!  WAY less cost than a hotel and no stairs at all.

Upon my return to Maui, my now not-so-stressed body decided to give up and catch every bug that wandered down my street.  I was sick for the whole month of July, off and on.  Mostly on.  It seemed that I was paralyzed.  Nothing productive was getting done. I couldn't remember anything, even with a list.  Honestly, I thought I was losing my mind.

Then I read this: 




Whew.  That was a close call!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...