Saturday, October 4, 2014

LANGUISHING LAZY LASS

Saturday at almost 2pm.  There are so many things I could do ... and a lot I should do, but I'm thinking I won't do!

The weather here is gorgeous and sunny and bright.  I'm sitting on my front patio typing.  I enjoyed a turkey sandwich with a thick slice of tomato from a friend's garden.  It just doesn't get any better.

Similar to a fellow blogger I now read, sometimes I feel like Gladys Kravitz from the TV sitcom Bewitched.  I have time to gaze out my windows.  I spend a lot of time on the laptop and I sit by a window.  Not much goes on at my end of the condo complex ... until today.

A teenager whom I did not recognize walked past this morning.  Hunched down, deliberate steps.  A little bit not right.  New folks moved in a unit behind me so I thought she belonged to them.

She rounded my building 10 times in 90 minutes.  As I walked out to visit my friend Daisy (to play with our iPads and share info), there were three police cars out front.  They were gently putting this girl into a car.  Apparently she got more agitated as the morning went on and began knocking on doors saying she she needs help.  Mary Beth (HOA Chair) noticed her and came outside to help.

In her authoritative voice she said "I can help you" and asked if she had a gun or a knife.  She had her sit in the sunshine on the sidewalk so that IF she got belligerent, Mary Beth would have a head start to get behind a locked door.  She went compliantly with them.  They know her by name.  Sad. 

You didn't notice, but I went on a sunny walk, visited a couple of friends, had lunch outside.  My friend Diane brought over dinner.  And I decided to finish this at Starbucks with an iced soy latte.

Yep.  Incredibly lazy today!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice way to spend a fall day. Might as well take advantage of the good weather days while they last.

    Mary Beth is a brave woman to ask about the gun or knife. I would nolt have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...