Friday, October 17, 2014

TGIF!

It's Friday morning (well, late morning now!) and it is cold and dark and a bit rainy.  Time for hibernation.

The good news is the family cold only slightly hit me.  I'm hoping it was because I drank lots of liquids, took vinegar and honey "tea", stayed home and rested ... all the right things.  Most of the little family is doing fine ... except the Mom who is about 50% recovered from pneumonia, sinus infection and ear infections.

I'm ready to take on the next big life change.  Kate and the boys are moving in with me for a month or two.  Jesse has found a rehab facility and is checking himself in next week.  He thinks for just 30 days but based on my experience with others, the longer the better.

The good news is that this time, it is not a "vacation" for her.  During the healing from the c-section, I did most things ... meals, cleaning, laundry, dog walking, etc.  This time we are sharing cooking, cleaning, laundry, dog walking.  Her job is to find a job!  I will gladly play with the boys while she is interviewing.  The bad news?  Their time table will need to change to fit MY routine.  Currently they are all night owls.  The babies go to bed at 11pm and sleep til 11am (except the baby who still eats every four hours but usually goes back to sleep).



All of the free or inexpensive things to do with young children are usually 9-11:30 ... free indoor play time through our Parks and Rec.  Library story time.  Indoor swimming.  Braeden has a late birthday so he will not go to Kindergarten until 2016.  We have all this time to nourish his mind as well as his senses.  They are struggling financially so hoping he will get into Head Start preschool to learn about taking turns, sharing, and playing well with others.

Wish us luck!???

6 comments:

  1. What an undertaking! The family is lucky to have you to fall back on and I'm so glad there will shared duties this time. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making every effort to stay healthy. And to keep from worrying about Ebola on my upcoming flights ....

      Unfortunately, he got word today that he is NOT ADDICTED enough to get in ... REALLY? After attending weekly meetings since JUNE they just start thinking of this????

      Delete
  2. You are a wonderful grandmother. They need you and you are there for them! What time have you to be lonely? Know we're here for you, for things you can't talk about to 'family' and 'young-uns' about.

    I probably missed this, but are you heading back to Maui?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I just do what I think MY Mom would have done ... for me, had I lived closer. And yes indeed it keeps me busy ~ I don't even have time to change my mind!!

      I return to Maui on Dec 31 ... in time to ring in a new year!

      Delete
  3. Well--that is quite an undertaking for you! Or is it not going to happen now? Yeah--I think the kids need to be re-trained on their awake and sleeping hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the kids are not in school, it doesn't matter as long as they get enough sleep. It started when Dad was waiter and didn't get home until after 10 or 11 ... and he wanted to see his little buddy. They would have dessert together.

      Stay tuned. I don't know what Plan B is.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...