Tuesday, September 10, 2013

MY VERY OWN MERMAID

 Yes!  Braeden and his Mommy arrive on Wednesday evening.  I am beyond excited!  

He loves the water, always has!  So I thought this would be the perfect place to have swim lessons.  He gets to stay in Maui for a whole month!  Two weeks longer than his Mom (and his Daddy was unable to take time off work to come over!)  Finding lessons seemed impossible!  Weeks ago, I started asking everyone I know.  Two names kept popping up.  I researched them (great websites), dashed off emails.  Neither have time until after the first of the year!  Rats.

Then a Mermaid appears out of nowhere!  My neighbors met her at the beach after they went paddle boarding.  She was working with an adult and they asked if she gave lessons.  Why yes!  She had just moved to Maui the day prior.

We connected a few days later and WOW!  I now have my very own mermaid.  We seemed to hit it off.  She moved here from Whidbey Island, Washington which just happens to be my sister’s favorite spot for an annual summer vacation.  Small word.

I’ve got wheels and My Mermaid needed to move from her temporary condo accommodations to her new Tree House apartment. This arrangement simply fell into her lap and is just perfect for her.  It’s not the Grand Wailea or Four Seasons.  More of a Motel Six for now.  No running water in her unit.  Restroom with shower is downstairs around the corner.  A small kitchen to share.  But it is FABULOUS!  We went garage saling on Saturday.  I think she is set!

Sunday we took the afternoon off went south to Makena Landing.  Two huge turtles were basking and several others showing off close to shore.  No matter how often I see turtles, it always is an awesome experience.  It was also a great sunset.


I think despite my religious beliefs and skepticism, we will remain good friends.  Sisters of the Sea.


Baby swim lesson with this water healer starts Thursday.  

1 comment:

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...