Thursday, September 5, 2013

MY BEST FRIENDS

As I have mentioned in previous blogs, making friends at this stage in my life is a bit more work.  I’m pretty outgoing yet this remains a challenge.  Bob and Paula talk to people at the beach or in the grocery or at an art show ... and then plan something social.  So I’m going to put myself out there in the same way.  Yeh, they admit that sometimes the new acquaintances are a bit “off” but hey, that makes the world go round.

The past four months, I’ve had two really great friends!  We get together every night (sometimes during the day).  They are always willing to get together even with late notice on my part.  Maybe I should have introduced you before.  


HGTV and Food Network.  We rock!

3 comments:

  1. Those are two favorite Networks to watch!

    I think your other friends have the right idea. I meet people who ask to exchange contact information and nothing happens afterwards. Maybe there's an unwritten rule that the person who is asked makes the first move to pick up the phone and arrange something social?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean ~ I think you are right! We have to be the BOLD ONES. After talking with another widow friend, she got rejected so never called again (the person said they already had plans ... ) I thought maybe she DID have plans, so try the next reach out with an open ended invite ... do you have time to meet for __________ this week? You pick the day and time!

    That's how I nabbed dinner at a restaurant with my next door neighbors! With three kids and two full time jobs, they ARE busy. We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to practice delivering an open-ended invitation. That makes sense to do it that way.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...