Tuesday, September 3, 2013

LABOR DAY

Whoo hoo!  A very successful Labor Day BBQ with my South Maui Merry Widows.  One of us had to leave before dinner but fortunately she left her potluck contribution for us to enjoy.  Four of us enjoyed grilled steak, zucchini, sweet peppers, and potatoes.  Contributions were shrimp ceviche, four bean salad, asparagus, macaroni salad, deviled eggs, crudites, fruit, olives and yogurt dill dip.  Brownies for dessert.

Best of all ... terrific conversation accompanied by red wine and two potential new friends.  One has been widowed almost five years and the other two years.  It was Sept 2 here, marking my four month loss.  We laughed and shared and traded information for future get togethers.  Including birthday, husband death date, anniversary, etc.  

Big shout out to my neighbor (and rent a hubby) Bob.  I power blasted the front rock garden, swabbed the deck, washed the driveway, swept the garage, replaced the cushions on the furniture and baked the brownies.  Bob called to say he was coming over to clean and spruce up the yard before my party.  NO WAY ... I exclaim.  I'm just resting up (cooling off, really) then ready to tackle the back.  But he came over and did WAY more than I would have done!  Including washing the house!  It really gave me time to get the inside stuff done.

I owe him the left over brownies!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a good neighbor to have! And your widow's group sounds like just the ticket for a new widow to give and get support for things few others understand. We have an active widow's group in town BUT all their activities are on the other end of my town of 600,000 people and they hold them all at night. I don't drive down there at night so I've never gotten involved. My brother went to it for awhile but he didn't like "all that crying." LOL

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...