Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sorry! I've Been on Vacation!!

My house is filled with conversation, toddler jabber and children's animated movies these past two weeks.  Then my 27 year old daughter needed to borrow my computer so she could watch TV in bed (I told her not to bring hers ... enough to handle with an almost three year old on a 6 hour flight).  Having all this commotion is "vacation" for me after rattling around on my own for three months!

Kate loves Maui for perfecting a tan.  Oregon is NOT much for outdoor sun tanning, so she is soaking it up.  Believe it or not, I think this is her first year without a sunburn!!!  Typically we slather up with sunscreen (Braeden and I are still on SPF 50 ... Kate is on 8) and play in the pool.  Then Mom heads for the lounge chair and me and Mr. B go to the kiddie pool.  After three swim lessons, I can hardly keep him up long enough to breathe some oxygen!  The kiddie pool is about chest high for him so he is overly confident.  Several times, I've had to pull him up and remind him to keep his face in the sunshine for one minute.

He thoughtfully said "You sit still Gramma (pointing to the edge so just my feet are in).  Don't touch me.  I'm swimming."  But he meant business!




2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed by how fast your grandson is learning to swim. It's such an important skill for anyone to have. My husband couldn't swim and the older a person gets the harder it is to learn...I think because fear sets in. Glad you're having a good visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the older we get, the more cautious (afraid???) we get. Maybe I can break out of that a little in my widowhood. My sister did not like water or swimming but made herself take lessons so she could be with her snorkel/SCUBA family.

    She just finished a month of SCUBA diving in Indonesia! She's awesome

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...