Sunday, September 15, 2013

HEALTHY EATING

Eating less and eating better are what I need to be doing. I've been indulging this widow comfort food thing...and I had 30 pounds to lose before adding on this next 15.  UGH.  But I think having my house guests is helping.

The two twenty-somethings are self sufficient although since they are on vacation, they are indulging a little bit also.  Braeden needs fuel every couple of hours which lets me choose some healthy options.  He tries almost everything!  His Mom has him eat his protein first and then lets him have salad and carbs.  Otherwise this guy would just eat salad!  And he's TWO!

Every two year old is quite busy so it is challenging to get him to sit and enjoy his meal or snack, and then go back to playing with Mr. Potato Head.  Sometimes they need to sit at the table with him watching him be healthy.

Most nights we four do a walk around the neighborhood right before his bedtime.  Gramma goes to bed at the same time he does (9:30pm or so ... last night way later) although I usually watch a program on my iPad.  I enjoy getting up before everyone else and savoring my cup of coffee.

Despite the really hot and humid weather of September, I am really enjoying this month!  Having loving people around, tending to their needs (a lot of pool towels and swimsuits) and enjoying kamaaina discounts (residents get deals during low tourist season months!).

2 comments:

  1. Changes in diet seems to be pare for the course for widows. I did the same thing...gained the first 6 months and spent the next six months losing it.

    I don't know how you keep up with a two year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a two year old is VERY busy! I rest while he takes a nap. The hardest part is getting him in and out of the carseat!!!!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...