Saturday, September 7, 2013

IT TAKES A VILLAGE

It takes a village to console a new widow.  And I have one!  

Friends from the past whose friendships faded due to different stages of parenthood, corporate ladder climbing, etc. have been rallying around me (long distance of course).  We are picking up right where we left off.  I guess when there are such great common topics like cataracts, hearing loss, crowns, thinning hair and our flesh growing in so many distorted shapes ... how could we not get along?

I also realized that some of my local acquaintances are becoming friends.  As I mentioned in an earlier blog, my grandson is coming to visit for a month and I wanted to get swim lessons for him.  Found an instructor (I call her My Mermaid).  The waves of the ocean are kinda scary to a two year old.  I needed to find a pool!  On Facebook, I posted my plea.  Three households volunteered!!  Which means we won't wear out our welcome at any one spot.  

Last but not least ... I made a completely NEW friend!

That story will be my next blog.


4 comments:

  1. That's really a great idea to spread the swimming lessons around three houses, not putting all your eggs in one basket. Helping your mermaid also kills three birds with one stone...distracting you from widowhood woes, getting your grandson some lessons, and building a possible friendship from the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy my new friendship with Carolyn, My Mermaid!! She is so much more spiritual (new age crystals, reiki massage, theta healing, tarot card readings, raw food, etc) and I'm more skeptical. She moved here without things in place (apt, job, friends, car) so I've been helping a bit.

    And I am taking lessons after Braeden is back to his parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love new age crystals, reiki massage, theta healing, tarot card readings, raw food person n my life. I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY? Then you should live in Maui. I left out Johrei, gemstone vibrations, watsu, jahara and so much more. These like-minded thinkers seem to congregate here. The ocean and sunshine help all of these, I guess. I DO agree that the ocean and sunshine help me feel good!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...