Monday, September 23, 2013

FAMILY TIME


Kate and Braeden and I have enjoyed some pleasant, slow paced time together.  We play Mr. Potato Head as well as spend hours in water ... at the ocean, a borrowed pool or the wading pool in Gramma's back yard.  

He brings up his Poppa all the time.  My eyes get teary sometimes because I know how much Poppa would be enjoying watching this guy grow and learn.  He reminds me "be happy Gramma" and he talks to Poppa in the clouds.  What a joy!

He is kind and generous (I get a compliment almost every day ... Gramma, your rocks are pretty).  And he's pretty smart!  Each parent spends quality time with him.  He asks SOOOOO many questions!  I don't know how THEY are going to manage without him while he spends two weeks with Gramma!

Speaking of family time, my sister has invited me to head to Louisville from Portland.  Our four brothers still live around Columbus, Ohio and she is willing to drive there for a mini-family reunion.  A former Maui neighbors (who she has met) recently moved back to Alabama and we might just make the five hour drive to visit them.  Her son is in NYC and her daughter at Mt Holyoke college in Massachusetts.  LOTS of road trips so lots of chatting.

With all that in mind, I may as well join them for Thanksgiving!  Which happens to be the first day of Hannukah!  This might just be the best thing for my first holidays without Ralph.




4 comments:

  1. Your travel opportunities sound very special---family and great cities to visit all rolled up together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brookie! I didn't know you were reading this old lady stuff! I'm not sure when/if I'm heading to the Midwest. I am unable to rebook my return flight to Maui (used miles and apparently it's tourist season starting Nov) I've got Kayak sending me daily notices of fares from Maui/Ohio. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love reading your stuff. And I understand, I looked at prices to go to Arizona, and it would be almost a grand for the two of us to go out and return! I am sure Maui to Ohio is very pricey!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...