Wednesday, September 4, 2013

MADE IN CHINA

Four months after Ralph's death and I'm still learning of people who weren't notified of his passing.

This morning I got an email from a business associate in China.  Fortunately (I think), I've met her several times, mostly in China!  Lucky me.  During the last 4-5 years of his employment with Biamp Systems (electronics manufacturing firm where he worked for 26 years), he finally slowed down his pace enough so that I could travel with him.  My criteria?  That we spend at least two nights in each hotel.  Otherwise, all I would see would be airports, taxis and hotels!  He went on ten business trips to a town just 45 minutes from Venice, Italy ... and never visited!  

On each trip where I accompanied him, one of the company Sales Managers was in charge of the business meetings, business dinners, hotels and thinking up how to keep me entertained during the day.  What a spoiled wife I was!  Europe, China (twice!), Hong Kong, Australia and the ABC of South America (Argentina, Brazil and Chile).  These memories will last me a life time.

Anyway, I apologize Lily for not contacting you and your company.  Honestly ... I had hoped that the good people at Biamp would let all his reps and corporate associates know of the sad news.  Maybe even write an article for some of the trade magazines.  My bad.

Thank you for emailing him this morning which was forwarded to my email.  You gave me pause to remember!

2 comments:

  1. I'm 20 months out and still run into people who didn't know about Don's passing and I don't have international connects as an excuse. People just don't make a point to pass the word like they use to. And it's never been easier to do.

    Wow, you've been to some great places! You should write about some of your trips to preserve the memories. I did that and it gave my family a whole different view of our relationship..."seeing" us on the road together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. Good idea! And it will be so fun reliving all the adventures. In a remote village in China, I was greatly admired ... they had never seen a blond haired person before! In Argentina there were bullet holes in buildings downtown. In Chile, after a helicopter landed on our hotel, I was prevented from entering an elevator by three big burly bodyguards protecting someone famous!!

    Gee! I do have an exciting life!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...