Saturday, September 28, 2013

My 29th Wedding Anniversary

Today, September 28, 2013 would have been our 29th anniversary.  Neither of us could have ever believed the time would fly so quickly.  Sure ... we had our ups and downs but together, the bad times seemed half as bad and the good times were twice as good.  I think that will be my motto as I muddle through this grief without him.  

Our adventure started at the Oregon Coast with a Justice of the Peace, my sister and his son.  Blue jeans.  Tears of joy to think I could find such love.  Our first anniversary was at the same condo with his wonderful Mom along with us.  One anniversary we celebrated on Oahu as part of a business trip.  Another in San Francisco with our good friend Heidi babysitting.  Our 25th on Maui and we flew our daughter Kate and her boyfriend over to help us celebrate.  Our best friend Eli and his daughter Tara (Kate's best friend from age 4 til Tara went off to elite boarding school for high school) also joined us.  Small and perfect.

We had almost signed up for a Road's Scholar trip to Scotland with my sister and her husband for anniversary 2013.  Ralph is of Scottish descent yet never in all his world travels did he make it there!  We had to decide months ahead so I made the unpopular call that his pain and inability to walk or sit comfortably for very long meant we shouldn't go.  Hindsight was 20/20.  I do hope to make that trip for him and spread a wee bit of his ashes on the Motherland.




I'm buying myself some fresh flowers.  Taking my best boyfriend (Braeden) out to dinner.  Celebrating between my tears.  A perfect pity party.  

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to know what to say to someone who is facing their first anniversary alone. I hope your good memories flow and Braeden is able to keep you from lingering on the sad one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little sad here this morning. So I decided to invite a few friends to join us for dinner. He loved sharing and being with people!! I've got to keep up the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! It's hard work to get through the grieving process but you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...