Tuesday, September 15, 2015

TODAY

Today is final prep for being an invalid for a few days.

We are taking up the hall carpet so the walker can maneuver easier.  Gonna try out the toilet seat extender and introduce it to Braeden (usually we share a bathroom so he may encounter it).  Jesse is putting together the walker.

I need to tidy up my bedside tables and bring in another one to set up the Cyro Cuff for icing the knee area.  I completed a new Medical Directive ... just in case.  My friend Eli is awaiting the call to drive me home (oh man, is he a great friend ... can you imagine what I might look like????)


The occupational therapist is having us measure the height of my bed and the chair I will be using so they can simulate how to manage them.  I think getting in and out of the tub to take a shower will be the biggest thing.  But I won't be taking one for 3-4 days anyway ...

Then, I'm wondering, how does the wound heal when it's trapped inside those compression hose?  I can't imagine putting them off and on more than once a day.  If I'm drugged up, how do I wake up to do the exercises at least four times a day?

What am I forgetting?

P.S.  Surgeon's office just called to DELAY the surgery until 2pm.  REALLY?  No liquids after midnight?  UGH

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry, "they" will tell you how to do everything. Bath Tub? I can't imagine getting in and out of that, but..........I'm sure it can be done. Maybe just P,T &A baths for a week or so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to climb IN the bathtub ... to take a shower! But I'm totally OK with PTA baths!

      Delete
  2. When I had both my knees done (not at the same time) I didn't take any pain meds after I left the hospital other than over the counter Advil. The less you take, the quicker your head will be in the recovery game. So don't think you HAVE to take them just because they are prescribed. Let your body tell you if you do. And to chart them on paper whatever you take.

    Good luck, though you won't need it! They have that surgery down to a fine art. You'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh! I never even thought about NOT having to take the pain pills. So many people are telling their horrible pain stories ... so good to know you were able to control pain with Advil! I'll keep you posted

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...