Saturday, September 12, 2015

9/11

It's hard to believe it has been 14 years since those evil doers killed so many of our citizens.  Just like when JFK was shot, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing.  Like everyone else, I suppose.  I will always remember.  I'm not sure I have forgiven.  Or if I ever will.

It worries me, still, when I notice a fellow air passenger of Middle Eastern descent.  I know, I know.  I hate having this prejudice inside of me.  I guess I have always lived in a bubble.  My friendship base does not have any people of any color and most are 18th generation American.  

Today I took some time to read about the incident and how humongous it was.  It astonishes me how something this horrific could have been masterminded by mainly one evil man.  And why. Nineteen of his followers willingly gave their lives to induce this pain.  And for what?

Maybe I am naive, but I think the USA does more than its share helping out the rest of the world.

It was a rather insightful, and sad day today.






7 comments:

  1. It's always a sad day of remembrance and it always will be.

    Yes, the USA has done a lot of good in the world but we've also done our share of covert bad stuff before 9/11, especially in the Middle East that made the radicals among them hate us in the first place. Since then these past 14 years of wars over there has done nothing but breed more hate on both sides. That's a terrible legacy to leave to the children of the worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last word is suppose to be 'world' not 'worth'.

      Delete
    2. The people of the Middle East have been fighting for thousands of years, I think. I'm not sure the USA has made it any worse.

      Delete
  2. Somebody posted a rainbow over NYC the eve of this anniversary. Beautiful!

    It's very brave of you, to confess you are prejudiced and are aware you are living in a bubble. In my experience, evil intent lives in our own hearts and homes sometimes. It's not 'out there' neatly deposited in another race or country that we wish we could quarantine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my grandchildren can be with all sorts of children so that they won't feel like this. I don't think we ever had ANY students of any other ethnicity in my 12 years of school!

      Delete
  3. Back in the midy 70's, I read all about Islam, the Muslim faith, the Quarn and Mohammads teachings. They have always been taught to hate people who are of the Muslim belief system. The more of these people they destroy, the higher their place in Paradise. At that time,, I told a lot of my friends about what I had read, but back then, we didn't have any Muslims around and no one really cared about my warnings. The USA didn't make it worse, these extremists were bombing ships and buildings long before 9/11. That was the one thing that opened our eyes and made us retaliate.

    I also never knew any people of color or other race until I went to college. Years later, I lived in a bit city for awhile and that time and place is where I developed my prejudices. Now I live in a County that is mostly white and I prefer it that way. We have very little crime here, which proves something to my prejudiced mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say, "who AREN'T of the Muslim belief system."

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...