Thursday, July 30, 2015

POTATO CHIPS!



(Let the music play while you read ... or dance ...)



Why is removing excess weight so much harder than gaining it?  And WAY LESS fun??



Slowly but surely I'm finally getting rid of some.  For two years I fed my emotions, good or bad!  Potato chips are my feel good food.  Since birth!  My Mom would put little snack bags of chips in my Easter basket because I've never been a candy lover.  (I would use the candy to bribe my brothers ...)  Mr. First Husband made me a spray-painted-gold potato chip necklace.  I taste tested popular "flavored" chips in different countries.  I taste local potato chips when I travel the USA (well, except Kentucky where my Sister is watching me ....)



Now you know why I am back at Weight Watchers.  This past week was NOT a good week for me.  I didn't even want to get weighed in.  Thankfully my support system nagged me into going.  Down a little bit and a total of TEN POUNDS since I started WW.  Seventeen since my Dr. appointment June 1.  Now to lose one pound a week.



All I need to do is lose one pound.  Each week.






8 comments:

  1. Wow, you're doing great on your diet!

    Chips are good but not a favor of mine. If we went out together I'd trade my chips for your ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have them nearby. Gotta have that "crunch"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite food groups ... fat, salt, carbohydrates!

      Delete
  3. I know. I know. I feel your pain. It just isn't right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I have NOT given them up, even on Weight Watchers. I limit them to weekends. Same with wine. Down 10 lbs since re-joining! Down 15 from my Dr visit in June.

      Delete
  4. Just finished catching up on your posts. I didn't know you were 'back'.
    I love potato chips too. I am a life time member of WW but I am way over my goal weight. I went for the first time more than 40 years ago to lose the 'baby weight' and I did. Since then the weight has just been creeping up year after year. I love junk food and keep buying it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the key! If I didn't BUY it and have it around .... I would be too lazy to go out and get it. Grrrr. Thanks for finding me again!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...