Monday, August 18, 2014

BAVARIAN LODGE

Sunday morning we packed up and were out of our little rental home by 6:45 am.  As you know, I am allergic to morning and this was compounded by too much gourmet food and accompanying wine from the night before.  Thankfully Janet did the driving (as she did all week!) and gave in to my coffee addiction by stopping before we got on the ferry.

It was a 2 hour drive to the airport.  Smooth driving (which isn't always the case in Seattle) so they got to their gate very early.  I'm proud that I didn't cry when saying goodbye ... because it sure was nice to have no-maintenance guests!

I loaded on my audible book for the 2.5 hour trek to Leavenworth, Washington.  A little Bavarian Christmas village in the middle of nowhere.  A friend had suggested the Bavarian Lodge and it is 4 stars for sure.  It got really HOT yesterday afternoon yet my room stayed cool.  The shops and restaurants all have water misters to keep the visitors happy.  The website said walking distance to everything and even with my kneesles, it really is!

This village was wall to wall tourists!  So many from other countries.  I browsed quite a few places but so far have not made a donation to the local economy.  Last night I took myself to a German restaurant for dinner.  It's not that I am uncomfortable eating alone (heck!  I was right next to the accordion player!!) but I miss the family style food sharing. Even though I told myself to just eat half of my schnitzel and spaetzle, it was too tasty to stop.  And I had a nice German beer as well.  Thankfully, I was able to do a little walk about before I returned to the hotel.

My hotel has an included a hot breakfast buffet that was pretty amazing.  I went down this morning at 8am to enjoy a cup of coffee and the Seattle Times.  (I am one of those people who can't eat the moment I get up....so after an hour of lingering, the scambled eggs caught my attention).



The shops open at 10am and I will be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...