Monday, July 28, 2014

OREGON vs MAUI

Being near the little family is so much fun.  Especially when the weather is perfect for being outside and swimming.

Yesterday we went to the Zoo at 10:00 am while the animals are still active.  Kate brought along her 11 year old neighbor girl who has become a "mother's helper."  Jesse opted to stay home for a day of very quiet time ...

We spent about three hours and had a really fun time.  Complete with lunch and Dippin Dots (outrageously expensive tiny balls of ice cream) which I thought would be fun for the 3 year old yet really pleased them ALL.

After all that walking (yes, I took Alleve and Tylenol to keep the knees from being too big of an issue), we came back and enjoyed the pool for quite a while, then Braeden, Deacon and Mom took a nap while KJ and I had "races" in the pool.

Wow.  Did I sleep great last night!


I'm so much busier in Oregon, even if it were all just family stuff.  Honestly, I could see them every day for some reason (but I hold myself back to once a week or so)(and bribe them with a meal!).  When you add in my condo neighborhood (mostly retired folks), 30+ years of friendships, more retail therapy, my doctors/dentist, and the ability to take a road trip mini-vacation ... Oregon sure wins my heart.

But based on the two cool rainy days last week, I'm sure glad I will miss out on five months of that!  I could hardly make myself go out and I surely did not take a walk!  Most likely, I would hole up with the fireplace going.  With my bestest friend, my laptop.

Can't wait to see what Maui brings this year!

6 comments:

  1. Rain is so depressing when it last longer than a day or two. I would hate having to choose between Maui and living close to family. So much goes into a decision like that, but I know you will be fine where ever you land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even worse than the rain is YOUR snow and ice. It would feel so isolating ... as I am chicken to drive in it anymore!! I think you should come visit me in Maui to escape! You can probably write off the expense as we could devote time to our blogging business!

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait for your return, all the while loving how you live your life on the mainland. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh buddy! I think I am one lucky Awkward Widow to get to do both! Methinks I need to make better use of my months on Maui!!

      Delete
  3. How neat to be nestled in with family and friends. And neat to be warm in beautiful Maui. It sounds like you have found home in both places. Lap tops are great but oh! I hate looking at an 8 x 12" screen for very long. (and I can't even contemplate looking the tiny smart phone screens - eye strain!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am strengthening my eyes by watching my laptop or my iphone. But a cataract surgery is coming up before I head back to the island ...

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...