Sunday, July 20, 2014

LONELY LADY ....

Isn't this journey interesting?  Grieving is such a tumultuous ride.  As everyone has mentioned, time is just about the only thing that softens the trail.  Somewhat.



I have a special pocket for Mr. Ralph.  He's always with me when I need him. I feel him with me when I'm at his favorite places.... or doing his favorite things.  Sometimes I crave one of his wacky treats (which I normally do NOT eat)(donuts or ice cream!).  

Today I walked to the Farmer's Market.  For the first time, I didn't cry or get teary eyed.  That was one of his favorite things to do.  So I just enjoyed it for him.  Without succumbing to getting a fresh made donut.  In the past, if parking was an issue, I would jump out of the car, stand in line for donuts, then he would pick me up.

Memories.  Maybe I'm not so lonely after all.






2 comments:

  1. The farmer's market was hard for me that first summer, too. I know exactly what you mean about the memories coming. Now, I want a donut!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...