Saturday, July 12, 2014

AGING WITH ATTITUDE

These three little words sum up my quest for the next 40 years or so.  I found this catchy phrase on Senior Planet while reading their "best of show" for electronics for boomers and beyond.

Recently I'm paying more attention to aging and how I will manage on my own.  Somehow having Mr. Ralph at my side allowed me to not bother my pretty little head on this topic.  I guess I figured we would work things out together.  

I joined my local Oregon Adult Community Center.  I'm volunteering to help set up a three town "village" which helps us remain at home but have access to services not provided by our friends and neighbors or church or senior center or county.  In hopes that I can pay it forward while I am able.

This week I'm attending a class about Women and Social Security.  No matter what phase of life I'm in, there is always something to learn.  And I sure like learning. I hope I stay open to that.

There are quite a few senior single ladies here at the condo complex and most of them are afraid of computers and unwilling to learn something new.  Heck!  They don't even want me to rearrange the pool furniture "because that's the way we've always done it."  

Don't let me be like that.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great program...those villages you're helping to set up. I don't think we have anything like that around here. Our senior hall is great for social activities but I like the back-up quality of the village concept.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...