Thursday, September 4, 2014

WHAT a WIDOW DAY!

Wow.  Now that was a day!

I had a morning meeting (financial people again) in downtown Portland.  With all the summer construction, school back in session and a new bridge being built ... I gave myself plenty of time.  Also had to look for parking.  Right off the bat my day was joyous as there was a parking place right in front of the building!

Although the cost is still astronomical, I sure was more impressed with their presentation and explanation.  Next phase is to meet someone I will actually be working with since this guy was the salesman.  Very convincing!  And my Schwab guy mentioned that he was bringing his mother to this company!!  SOLD.

To celebrate the great morning, I went to a Starbucks drive thru ... where the person in front of me paid for my coffee!  I've done that a few times but have never been the recipient.  Another great big smile.

Onward to Bed, Bath and Beyond for hand towels and wash cloths for the guest bathroom as my Maui buddy and her hubby are heading my way.  The lady in front of me gave me some of her 20% off coupons!  Gee could this day get any better?

Most everything I wanted at Whole Foods was on sale (that NEVER happens).  Sushi lunch was delightful and inexpensive.  And the evening was capped off with Happy Hour dinner on the outside patio of a great place, with three condo dwellers.




Life really is good.

P.S.  Why didn't I buy a lottery ticket?????

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Why DIDN'T you buy a lottery ticket? Hope tomorrow is just as good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day, indeed. I'm with Judy, you should have bought a lotto ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It's like the universe is hugging you. Hope this next phase with the finances goes smoothly, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab day! It makes you believe in the stars.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...