Tuesday, March 11, 2014

TIS TUESDAY ... already

Oh my.  Life with a newborn, a three year old, a 65 lb dog and two kidults is chaotic!

Deacon has jaundice so every day we spend about four hours driving to and from appointment that lasts 90 minutes or more.  Two appointments on Monday.  He's been losing weight but has turned the corner on that.  One week old tomorrow!

Braeden went to his favorite sitter for five hours then took a 3 hour nap!  He is such a sweetie.  He is helpful to Momma and is eating a lot so I'm guessing we'll soon be getting a bigger size of clothing.  And shoes.


Torn and tattered without much tail left ... Lyly has been Braeden's best friend for almost three and a half years ...

Gramma Laura popped over after work tonight.  She got to hold him and feed him (breast milk) and then took the four of them out for dinner.  I needed some downtime as I'm trying NOT to catch a cold.  Unpacked a bit.  Earlier Jesse loaded up the new minivan for a trip to Goodwill.  Reloaded for a trip tomorrow.  AND broke down all the millions of boxes from baby goods and unpacked stuff.

Not much time for being an awkward widow.  The salesman from the dealer 30 miles away came to pick me up to get my grandmother-mobile on Sunday.  A girlfriend met me at Alamo last night to return the rental van.  We then had a nice, quiet, relaxing dinner. Another doctor visit for Deacon with the good news he has gained 1/2 an ounce and the billirubin level has lowered.  So we get Wednesday off.

I, for one, plan to sleep in!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure are keeping busy! How long will the family be living with you?...if I'm understanding living arrangements correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. No time to be an awkward widow. Enjoy your down day!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...