Tuesday, March 18, 2014

GETTING MY LIFE BACK

Life in Portland is slowly but surely falling into place.

The new parents, two kids and one big dog seem to appreciate a comfy place to stay (without stairs!), home cooked meals (most days) and a companion for Braeden.  Not to mention an hour or so of cuddling the little one so they can take a shower or just relax.

Now it's time for me to start getting my life back!  Jesse (the dad) has Mondays and Tuesdays off so I'm going to use those days to my advantage.  Last night friends invited me over for dinner (and a fire in the fireplace).  Three luxurious hours of adult conversation (and grandkid stories).  A wonderful healthy meal and a great red wine.  Just perfect.

Next Monday ... I'm starting Weight Watchers with a buddy.  It's a noon time meeting and then we will go out for a healthy, on target lunch.  This is not going to be easy for me.  But having a personal commitment with another person will help us both.  Each of us has been successful in the past using Weight Watchers, so wish us luck!

Some sad news.  I lost both of my best coffee buddies recently.  So I'll need to find others who might like an hour or two of chatting.  There are lots of ladies here in the condo complex, many single, so I just need to reach out.


2 comments:

  1. Weight Watchers really works. I wish I had someone who'd go with me.

    Are you living with your family, now, in Oregon...or is this just temporary while the baby is so new to the world? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you good luck with WW. It's a great program. I need to get back to it, too.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...