Sunday, March 2, 2014

QUIET SUNDAY MORNING

I've decided I need my morning quiet time more than I need my 8-9 hours of sleep.  Up at 7am to enjoy a very large cup of coffee.  Everyone still sleeping soundly in their ice cold bedrooms while the dog slumbers at my feet (he was kinda irritated I took him out so early in the rainy 34 degree weather.)  I'm probably going to hate my electric bill but Maui clothes are the only ones I can find right now!  And one thin sweater!


Headlines are scanned, e-mails read (Sunday is a light day!) and Facebook viewed.  I thought I better get in a blog while I can still think a bit.

It's a little bit of grieving as I go through Mr. Ralph's things here.  A few tears with Kate when we remember where he got that t-shirt or that hat.  And how many pairs of shoes he had.  Who owns that many black belts!??  Braeden saying "I just want my Poppa back."  And the funny stories begin.  Memories!  Even Braeden remembers some ... and he was just two and a half when Poppa died.  So we will help him keep those memories alive.

Tomorrow is Jesse's (the Baby Dad ... no wedding yet after ten years) day off.  I'm going to ask him to move all the boxes OUT of the living room (about 50 letter size storage boxes) and put them in the office.   At least then we will have a serene living area and dining area.  Today I hope to get the kitchen boxes emptied and everything into their proper place.

Happy chaos!

4 comments:

  1. What a lot of work it is being a snowbird. I never realized that, I guess. And double the grief work to deal with objects and clothing, etc. in two dwellings. At least you have your family around to help you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was extraordinary ... we had rented the condo so all of our stuff was in storage. Packed by others and then returned by others! Next time, it should be smooth sailing!!

      Delete
  2. Your wearing Maui clothes reminds me of my sister-in-law, who moved to Massachusetts from LA just as winter was setting in, and won't wear socks - her feet feel too confined! Instead she wears thick boots to keep her feet warm in the snow.

    I hope one of your boxes contains a wool sweater : -)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feet have also adjusted to warm climate! I'm still wearing flip flops in the rain! Snow might be a whole different story!! I think I can handle a few months of rainy and grey. Just not all 8 ...

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...